About Me

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Wonderful World of Beading!

(This is actually a chunky necklace.  I love love love it!  Seriously thinking about keeping it for myself!)

Welcome to the wonderful world of beading!  

My aunt took to me to a beading class when I visited her at Christmas my freshman year in college.  The poor woman did not realize the monster she was creating!  Beading is my addiction.  It is an outlet for my creative side.  It is something for me to do while watcing tv or a movie (since I'm slightly OCD and can't seem to sit still during a show without doing something).

I have decidec to be "bloggy" today and post about one of my favorite passtimes, and share some of my most recent "creations" with you.


One of my newest finds- a lampwork (hand made glass bead) source.  These beads are big and chunky and funky and absolutely adorable!  I love the black and white and yellow contrasted.  Always said that someday my kitchen would be done in those colors.  We'll see about that.  Ha!


 I found this charm at Michaels, as well as the the beads that go with it.  I instantly fell in love with it; I think it's my favorite up to date.  I made little earrings  from the beads that match as well. 



 I found the above two charms at Hobby Lobby (the bestest store on earth for anything crafty) and love them.  They're both very unique and would compliment any outfit.


 This necklace is what's called a "glass tile necklace".  I learned the technique from my dear friend and beading partner Nicole.  I am super excited to be hosting a jewelry party with her in a week and a half when I go home for Spring Break!  I absolutely can't wait!!!!!


This ring is my constant accessory.  I love it to death, and is one of the few things I've made that I kept for myself.  This picture definitely doesn't do it justice!  The design is actually from a dress in a magazine that happened to be the perfect size for this one inch circle.  I love big bling statement rings anyway, and am super excited to be able to make my own!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful! Can't wait to attend that beading party of yours and my sis..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so maybe we can do some sort of jewelry exchange...I want the first necklace and that bracelet, lol. Can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete