About Me

Monday, February 6, 2012

God's Timing

Sigh... it's that time of year... February... And we all know what holiday comes in February. In my case, Lonely Hearts Day. Yaaaaay....

I honestly try so so hard to wait patiently for God to bring the RIGHT man into my life. I am very thankful that God has given me the strength and courage to end relationships with some really great guys who were simply not HIS will for my life. Although I have learned much through those relationships, it certainly is not "easy" path to take. I always envisioned myself marrying the first guy I dated... etc. Certainly not being single at twenty-five. But God had other plans for me. I am honestly trying to "embrace my singleness" and enjoy life and the freedoms that I have. A Christian book that I recently read talked about the fact that as a female, the desire to to be married and have a family is only natural. However, it becomes wrong when we let it consume us and we are constantly worrying about it. It certainly is more difficult some days than others. However, I am trusting God that His timing is perfect. I honestly can't wait for that day! I have the best days of my life still to look forward to!

That being said, I think the reason why this year is especially hard for me is that literally EVERY SINGLE ONE of my close friends are married, (and a few are pregnant), or in relationships, which pretty much consume them. While I am so happy for them, I have felt all of them slipping away from me, being consumed in their own lives and forgetting about little old me down in Missouri. Remember, I have no family down here, no friends that I grew up with... etc. While I know I'm exactly where God wants me, it still can be very lonely at times. I see my parents about four times a year, my friends even less than that. I try to be a good friend, but somehow I just seem to slip through the cracks. Sadness (insert a large sad face here). Anyway, just needed to get a little of what I've been feeling for a while off my chest.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! You don't know me, but I completely understand your feelings in this post! I am 30 years old and Over the past year every one of my best friends have either gotten married, or started courtships! It's hard feeling like the last one! But, I am so thankful He has made me wait! I have grown in character and gotten victories by His grace and mercy that I needed to get before I would be ready for marriage! It's hard to wonder why God is blessing every one else with marriage and feeling like what is wrong with me, but we know all things work together for good for those that love God, and I trust that for you and me He will show Himself real in the end in showing His will! You seek to grow in becoming more like HIm, and in the future you will be so glad He gave you this time. Someday you will have an amazing marriage because of the time you had as a single young lady was used to grow in love with the Lord! :) God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet, thoughtful and encouraging comment. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've definitely felt the same way, at times. But hold on and just trust that God has something/someone AMAZING for you in the future. You never know what might be just around the corner. [That's what I've always told myself. :)] Have you read the book "Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?" by Carolyn McCulley? That book helped change the way I view my single life -- definitely a must-read in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rebecca! I actually was just told about that book yesterday. I think I'm going to go on Amazon right now and order it. Thank you for the encouraging words. I pray for you and my (few) other single friends all the time, because I know the Devil can really get us down sometimes. I know that God's timing is always perfect- I have seen it over and over again in my life alone.

    ReplyDelete