About Me

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Go Cubs, Go

Wow, what an incredibly busy day today, but what a fun one! A whole bus of probably 40 of us college students went to Chicago today, on our annual Volleyball Marathon Cubs outing. We started with the most important thing- food. Riccabini's is sooo good!- except that just stepping into the place makes you gain a pound or two. Anyways, after that we went to the Cubs game, where they proceeded to be annihilated by the San Fransisco Giants (when I heard it was the Giants, I immediately thought New York. Luckily I didn't voice my thoughts aloud, and show my true ignorance of anything sports). In the first inning, the Giants hit a 3 run homer, and it all went down hill for the Cubs from there. It was a pretty uneventful game, except that I sat by Mary and Michelle, and we were laughing and being silly the entire game. I guess in situations like that, you have to make fun for yourself. I was very disappointed that we didn't get to hear the "Go Cubs, Go" - but since they lost.... After the game was over, we walked A MILE AND A HALF (that's right) to the oldest frozen custard shop in Chicago- Scooters. The wait was definitely worth it, and I of course got chocolate- "Chocolate Yum Yum"- and let me tell you, it WAS yummy. It was a very enjoyable day, and, to top it off, I think I got a little sun, to boot.
Tomorrow, I am looking forward to spending more time with my friends. We were originally scheduled to have our annual "end of the year activity" at Starved Rock State Park (which I have heard is beautiful- but the name does nothing for the imagination. I picture desert, cactus, and sagebrush blowing in the wind- in Indiana, of course). However, since the park was flooded (so apparently there is water somewhere around) we are going to Indianapolis, which I am very excited about. I have gone to Chicago so many times, but really never to our state's capitol. The only time I have ever been downtown in Indianapolis is for Advanced America meetings, and for a rally against gay rights- which was a unique experience. I am really looking forward to it, and to hanging out with Nicole, Brooke and Paul, and possibly Michelle. I'm sure we will have a really good time.

2 comments: