About Me

Monday, May 4, 2009

Live Each Day To Its Fullest

Starting a blog is a rather scary thing. I feel like the world is watching me, hanging on every word I say or type, to be more accurate, even though no one even knows that I have started this blog yet. I began this as a way to communicate my thoughts and feelings to the ones I love, to share my daily experiences, and sometimes even vent my anger or frustration- so bear with me. There is always that hesitation, whether when starting a diary, or opening a series of letters, when I wonder "What do I start with? How can I open this to let my readers feel the things I'm feeling?" Looking over my twenty-two years of existence, there are a multitude of things I could write about. I have amazing parents, fantastic friends, a caring church family, and an adorable overweight cat. My life has overflowed with happiness and love. All of this I attribute to God- He has provided so much for me- much more than I could imagine or deserve. The Lord provided a teaching position for me in a great church, and has worked out the details in astounding ways. My life is abounding with joy. They say that laughter keeps the heart strong and the body young. If this is the case, I'll be going strong long past when I'm 100, although Alzheimer's runs in our family so I probably won't know it.
I will be graduating from college in TEN days, with my bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. Whoda thunk it- after, let's see, after EIGHTEEN years of school, I'll finally be done. Then, what did I do, but become a teacher. But seriously I am exactly where I know that God wants for me to be. I clearly felt Him lead me to become an elementary teacher (which is good, because I am so bad at Math and spelling that they would never have let me be a high school teacher). My life has truly been a blessed one, and I pray that it continues to be so. Now that I am becoming a teacher myself, I would like to try to apply the motto to my life "Live each day to its fullest".

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, I'm so glad you started it; it will be great for us to check in on you once you move. I'm looking forward to reading it! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you are nervouse about starting this blog...that was a great first entry. I am definitelt looking forward to reading more. ;)

    ReplyDelete