About Me

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Humor Has It...

So, we all know that children say the funniest things sometimes. Being a kindergarten teacher, I hear my fair share. I wanted to share something one of them said the other day.

I was sweeping the floor of my classroom the at the end of the day last week, and out of the blue, one of my little girls piped up and told me "Miss Jancy, you're so cute!" Although they are constantly telling me things like that, I must admit that it helped boost the ego a little, and I swelled with pride. For a second, for in the next, my bubble was burst when she continued "You're cuter than my doggie."

"Wow... um, thanks?" (Not feeling so cute anymore)...

At dinner with a church member and her family (who has a student in my class), I recounted the tale, certain it was good for a few laughs. Keon, (the one in my class) told me, "You aren't cuter than MY dog. MY dog is the cutest dog in the whoooollllleeee world!" (Ego level at about negative 20). Then he paused and said, "Wait, maybe you are cuter.... my dog stinks!" Haha. Oh well, at least I'm not smelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment