About Me

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Thankful Heart


I saw this quote a few days ago, and with Thanksgiving just around the corner, it made me pause and think.(sorry for the size of it... not really sure how to change it) I am so guilty of this- taking things that I have been so greatly blessed with for granted. For some reason, I feel these things are somehow owed me. As if I've done something to earn them. This is one of my new goals: to be mindful and thankful for the blessings that I have in my life, and not to overlook them. And not just until Thanksgiving, but for the entire year.

The first and most important thing is my salvation. A few months ago in school, I taught the Crucifixion story, and it never ceases to amaze me everything that Jesus suffered for us.

I am also so thankful for my amazing family! I believe that the older I get, the more I appreciate them. They have done so so much for me, and I'm sure have made many sacrifices that I don't even know about. They are so giving, and loving. They are always there with a listening ear when I need to vent or have had a rough day. And are SO helpful. Ha, I am almost afraid to ask them for things because they bend over backwards to help. I have recently gotten into wire wrapping some jewelry, and discovered wire for $1 at our WalMart. In a phone conversation with them, I asked if they happened to be at WalMart, if they would check the craft section for this specific product for me. I, of course, had already cleaned out my local one. These dear sweet people went to FIVE different WalMarts (as far away as Meriville and Sheriville) and sent me a HUGE envelope full of wire. As I said, it never ceases to amaze me how much they do for their "little girl". I was able to spend the weekend with them, and although it was my Grandmother's funeral, it was a happy time of spending time with our family. A Christian funeral is actually more of a blessing than a sad time, because we know my Grandma lived a full long life, and is now in heaven with Jesus, free of pain, happy and healthy. And best of all, we know that we will see her again. And speaking of seeing again, my parents come down to Missouri a week from today to spend Thanksgiving with me! I can't wait!!! We are crazy and goofy together, and we love it!


Haha, this is my ENTIRE family! Seriously... except for my Uncle Roy (my aunt's husband). I have one aunt and one cousin. I hadn't seen them in several years, and it was very nice to reconnect with them! My aunt is miss artsy fartsy- I would LOVE to live closer to her. Then I would really "get my craft on".


This picture is take with my Uncle Fred and Aunt Sandy. They are not blood relatives, but might as well be! They have been like a second set of parents to me, and are always always there for me. I love them very much!

Another thing that I'm so very thankful for is my friends. I am so very very blessed in the friend department! I have so many people that I can call or text, any time, with anything. I could be having the worst day in the world, and a simple word of encouragement from them can make the day all better! I'm serious, I love you guys! You are the best!!! I can't imagine a world without friends like you!


Melissa is the best! We text a gazillion times a day, and talk about whatever random thing pops into our heads. This chick has answered a text at 3 in the morning when I was crying over a breakup, makes me laugh, and snaps me out of my moods. Love her!


Oh, I just love these pictures, as much as I love my "girls"! When I say I have the best friends, I'm serious! Liz has been married for about a year and a half, and lives in California. She is such a sweetie pie, and is my ex e-mailing buddy (she used to e-mail me every morning, before she lost internet in her classroom. lol) Tab just got married in August, and lives up in Michigan with her hubby David. She is a teany bit off in her own little "newlywed world" up there, but who can blame her? :) Michelle is getting married in just a few short weeks, and moving up to Maine with her boarder patrol husband-to-be (how awesome is that??) I can't wait to be at her gorgeous wedding! And last but not least is Nicole. I think that of all of the girls, we have been friends the longest. I remember doing Pages and Pockets with her, going through our Winnie the Pooh and Beanie Baby stages obsession together, and a million other things. We have very similar tastes (as we're realizing more and more via Pinterest) and have high hopes of being all "crafty" together when I come back to IN for Christmas. I was just able to see both her and Michelle on Sunday, which was so nice!


And this is my childhood best friend, Theresa. She's all grown up now, and lives in London, Ontario with her husband David. (Is it just me, or does it seem like almost all my friends are married???) We aren't able to keep in touch as much as we would like, but try to e-mail several times a week, and talk on the phone whenever we can. I miss that girl like crazy! Hopefully I can sneak up there for a few days at Christmas and visit her and my friend Elsa from college. She's been awesome about e-mailing me as well!

I have a ton more friends that aren't pictured, but mean an incredibly lot to me.


And, of course this teacher's post would not be complete without mentioning my kiddos. I'm sure you can tell, I love them like crazy! They are adorable, slightly mischevious little stinkers, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Yesterday I was sitting in my chair at my desk, and before I knew it, the mass had descended on me. Literally a class/group hug. My desk chair rolled about 3 feet, and I was almost knocked right out of my chair. They tell me a hundred times a day how much they love me. For now, they admirably fill that void in my life as I wait for the Lord to bring the right man across my path.

And last, but certainly not least, I am so thankful for the church family that I have. There are many people back at Fairhaven that I still consider to be church family, because they care so much about me. And my family here at Maranatha, they are such an amazingly giving group of people. God has blessed me so much to bring me here. And my pastor here is such a Godly man, so full of wisdom. It makes me so very thankful!

As you can tell, I am a truly blessed individual. God has given me so much, and I am so thankful for all of His blessings!

1 comment:

  1. We are so blessed aren't we? And I hope you know I count you among my blessings as well.
    Miss ya girl!

    ReplyDelete