About Me

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Living room re-do with a touch of fall

I am sorry, all my lovely readers out there in Blogger-land.  This summer was absolutely crazy and mostly without internet.  And I've had my hands a little full since school started.  Plus, my life is incredibly boring, and I felt that I had nothing to blog about.  That is... until I got my "artsy-fartsy" on (as pointed out to me by my dear friend and awesome blogger, Nicole).   If I knew how to join a link to her blog through this post I would, but I'm sure 'yall read her amazing stuff anyway.  So, here are pictures of my living room "renovations".  Since I am not the blogger I should be, of course I did not take before pictures...  but here at least is the finished result. Enjoy!                                                                                          <

I love how this bookcase turned from ugly drab to a fabulous shiny black.  And I had a great time arranging fun touches on it.  I put my growing collection of Nicholas Sparks books on it, as well as all my Pride and Prejudice type books.

Here are the two together

Another table I painted that I moved to between the couches.  Don't you love that I already have my fall decorations out?  Thank you, Hobby Lobby!

Here is my large empty (nail hole studded wall).  Because we cannot paint, and the previous tenants must have made a mural out of nails on the wall, I have resorted to attempting to cover the holes.  Don't you love the welcome sign?  Completely my own idea.  I got 7 matching plates from Goodwill for 50 cents each.  With my cricut, I cut out letters from vinyl and stuck them in the center of each plate.  I then superglue hangers on the back, cut ribbon and hung each plate from a nail in the wall.  It was a very cheap and easy project, which I think turned out great.  The "home sweet home" sign is a picture frame I purchased for 25 cents at a thrift store.  However, I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the back off.  So, I simply hot glued ribbon around the inside of the frame and cut out more vinyl letters.  I absolutely love how it turned out!

I bought this welcome sign from... where else... HOBBY LOBBY, the bestest store in the world!

Mrs. LaBate, I still LOVE LOVE LOVE this window!!!!  Is there a word more than love?  :)

Love this author!

A closer look at my sign.  Also, the infuser I bought in parts at Walmart, and added the black ribbon.  I think it is just the right touch.  Hope you enjoyed the "tour" of my living room.  I had such a great time doing it, and am very proud of how it turned out.  Maybe it will inspire others to get their spray paint and hot glue guns out.                      

1 comment: