About Me

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday

Mondays. How we dread that day of the week! Going back to work or school after a fun-filled weekend is certainly not something we look forward to. This morning was no exception. I woke up this morning, sick. I mean, incredibly sick. My cold had overnight turned into some sort of viral infection, and on top of not being able to breathe/ blowing my nose off, my stomach was super duper upset. I literally weighed my options while driving to school, of what I would do if I had to throw up... to just do so in my lap, and go home and change or to try to pull over, somehow get out of the car without getting hit and throw up on the side of the road. Teachers' meeting seemed endless this morning, and I literally barely made it. Afterward, after much sympathy from my fellow teachers, I was instructed to eat a few crackers (NOT something I wanted to do) and drink some water. Reluctantly I did so, mainly because one of them gave me some Ibuprofen to take, promising that it would help as long as I had something in my stomach. I was doubtful, but obeyed. And, miracle of miracles, it helped!!! The crackers settled my stomach, and the medicine helped my cold.

The rest of my day went so smoothly. The students were very sympathetic to their poor sick teacher, and tried their best. Maybe they weren't quite good as gold, but they definitely deserve a bronze medal for effort. Today is probably the first day in all of recorded history that one or more of them did not get their name on the board! So, what started off as an unpleasant Monday turned into a really good day! We had a lot of fun and a very enjoyable beginning of the week. Sometimes Mondays aren't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment